Terms of Service
1. Dukky Repair & Recovery will only perform and provide computer services, repairs, and upgrades as requested by the Client. Dukky Repair & Recovery will conduct honest, reasonable, and considerate services. The goal is to provide the highest quality of service and support, but specific results cannot be guaranteed.
2. Dukky Repair & Recovery reserves the right to refuse service. If a computer is taken in for diagnostics and it is deemed too old for repair. A $35 Diagnostics fee may be applied at the discretion of the technician.
3. Dukky Repair & Recovery will only perform and provide computer services, repairs, and upgrades as requested by the Client. Dukky Repair & Recovery will conduct honest, reasonable, and considerate services. The goal is to provide the highest quality of service and support, but specific results cannot be guaranteed.
4. Computer service/repairs are provided as a service. There may be circumstances under which Client’s computer cannot be repaired. It will have to be rebuilt or upgraded. (Examples: Age of PC, repair/replacement parts obsolete (memory chips, motherboards, etc.)
5. The length of time required to service/repair your computer cannot be predicted. (See section 2.1 below)
6. Client understands that in the process of working on your computer equipment, there is a potential for data loss. You agree that you have made the necessary backups of your data so that, in the event of such loss, the data can be restored. Dukky Repair & Recovery will not be responsible for data loss. No Data will be kept after repair (See section 4.4 below)
7. Client authorizes the technician(s) providing the service or repair to install anti-virus and any other necessary software on your computer to perform required services. All software will be deleted / uninstalled upon completion of the service (unless purchased).
8. All remote repair services are subject to the terms in this agreement.
2. BILLING TERMS
1. Computer services/repairs are billed as stated on the service order or invoice provided. The most common services are charged by flat rate fees. Services not listed on the Services Page/Poster may be charged at an hourly rate $60.00/Hour for Hardware and $45/Hour for Software. An example would be a wired network setup where cables must be ran. This would take much more time to complete compared to a flat rate service. The minimum charge for an hourly service is 1 hour ($60.00 or $45.00 + tax [if applicable]).
2. There is a minimum charge of $75.00 for the first hour of any On-Site call made or service performed. Any additional hours spent at the location will be charged $50/Hour
3. An estimate of cost for work will be provided before performing computer services/repairs. Estimates are NEVER guaranteed (See Section 7).
4. Not all services can be completed on-site and must be completed at our offices.
5. In the case that there is an unforeseen deviation, beyond the above estimated amount, every effort will be made to contact you and inform you of the situation and receive authorization to continue or stop at the estimate limit.
6. No Repair will be performed without the clients consent (Verbal or otherwise)
7. In the case that the Client cannot be reached, work will stop until contact is established. Once reached, Clients decision to continue or stop will be honored by Dukky Repairs.
8. All services/repairs may be subject to California State Sales Tax.
9. All remote repair services must be paid before commencement of work. If for any reason Client is unhappy or we cannot complete the service, a full or partial refund may be issued at discretion of Dukky Repairs.
3. PAYMENT TERMS
1. Full payment is due upon completion of services, upgrades, or repairs.
2. Computer parts, hardware, or/and software that are ordered or special ordered must be paid in advance.
3. Dukky Repair & Recovery accepts cash and credit cards. Credit Card payments may have a 4.0% transaction fee included to the total amount of the bill.
4. In order for Dukky Repair & Recovery to keep its rates low, payments must be made promptly. Bills will be deemed delinquent and assessed a $25.00 charge if payment is not received within 14 days after the completed service date. If an amount remains delinquent 30 days after completed service date, an additional 25% penalty of original balance will be added for each week of delinquency. Dukky Repair & Recovery reserves the right to report delinquent payment to credit bureau(s) and collection agencies in attempts to recover payment. If deemed necessary, Dukky Repair & Recovery reserves the right to take client to court to recover costs in which client will incur all fees by the process.
1. Service(s) are provided in an effort to fix, upgrade, or otherwise repair the computer system(s) for which client or authorized representative requested such service(s).
2. In the case of accidental damage of data to your system or data loss caused by already existing problems in your system such as viruses, bad configured software, or hardware problems/failures, Client agrees to hold Dukky Repair & Recovery and any person(s) associated with Dukky Repair & Recovery or involved in the work being done for Client, harmless from damages resulting from such problems.
3. It Client’s responsibility to backup data unless listed on Service Order. Dukky Repair & Recovery will not be responsible for data loss. (See Section 1.5 above)
1. All services will be conducted in a professional, reasonable and timely manner. Also, taking into consideration the circumstances and nature of the technical problems.
2. Free support will be provided for problems to be resolved from the service order, but not resolved. After seven (7) days from completed service date, Dukky Repair & Recovery will no longer offer free support.
3. Warranty work will only be covered if it is related to the work on the Service Order. Unrelated work will not be covered by the warranty and may be charged accordingly.
4. There is no warranty on third party Software Installation/repair.
5. If a piece of hardware fails after installation, it will be exchanged through the manufactures product warranty. The Labor to install said part is not covered by any warranty.
6. REPAIRS & SERVICE GUARANTEE
1. All services and repairs are guaranteed for seven (7) days from the completion / acceptance date on the Service Order.
2. If later found that the service or repair was incorrectly diagnosed by the technician. Then Dukky Repair & Recovery will perform the repair/service free of any labor charge. Only the new parts will be charged.
1. Dukky Repair & Recovery offers free estimates over the phone, at office, or via email.
2. For in-home/on-site estimates there will be a $35.00 fee. If you decide at that time you would like Dukky Repair & Recovery to work on Client’s system, this fee will be waived and Client will only be charged for the service being performed. (see Section 2.1 above).
3. A $25.00 fee will be charged if Client fails to show up at scheduled appointment without an eight (8) hour cancellation notice.
4. Customers are asked to not interrupt the technician as the evaluation and estimate are completed. Save all additional questions until after you receive the estimate.
5. Estimates are a not a Quote, they are subject to change as diagnostics are performed and through out repair based on needs of the repair. The technician will not perform any work without Client approval. (See section 2.6 & 2.7)
6. If Client decides at the time of the in home service call you would not like Dukky Repair & Recovery to fix their computer or systems; Client will be charged the $35.00 service call fee and will have to pay for the full price of any service performed in the future (the $35 dollar fee will not be waived).